Author Topic: Bebe Buell  (Read 7654 times)

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
Re: Bebe Buell
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:31:37 AM »
Thanks cmr, a great read. This album has been getting some really great reviews.  :)  Good to see.

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 133457838
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelylivtyler.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
Can pre-order it from Amazon in CD or MP3 Download - check out the samples!

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 06:40:32 AM »
Damn...forgot to bring my memory-stick.  :blush: Talk about irony. ^Thanks anyway  :)

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »
"Hard Love" teaser at YouTube :)

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »
BebeBuellBand@Twitter
Freddy Mercury would have been 65 yrs. old 2day!RIP,darling.When I was 19,he told me I should sing.Long story but I will never forget.xo

There is no legendary musician she didn't meet, amazing!  :o
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:49:40 PM by cmr »

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 06:17:49 AM »
Long a great interview at Classicrockrevisited.com.

Bebe is talking about Liv quite a lot:

I actually wrote the lyrics to “Mother of Rock ‘n’ Roll” one day when I was walking around New York and I was listening to the Stones song “She’s My Little Rock ‘n’ Roll.” I thought, “I’m the mother of rock ‘’n’ roll,” meaning my daughter, Liv. Then it hit me and I thought, “Oh my God, wait a minute, maybe I really am the mother of rock ‘n’ roll.” It was that typical egoistical thing that all of us lead singers have. Who else is going to have the balls to say that, let alone get up there and delivery it? I couldn’t come up with anybody else, so I’m it.
 I have a very big young girl following, which I’ve acquired from being Liv’s mother. To be honest, I like being the mother of Liv Tyler. I am so proud of her.
Jeb: Everyone brings up the fact that you’re Liv Tyler’s mother…

Bebe: I’m proud of my daughter. It is wonderful to know that you did a good job of being a mother. I turned out this beautiful girl. It was imperfect, and I had to get help from my family, but it turned out well.

Jeb: It must have been hard to keep from her that Steven was her father.

Bebe: It’s not that hard if they’re in bad shape. Steven was in no condition to be a father. He is one of my favorite people and I really consider him one of my best friends – you know, I think I can even out run him on stage [laughter]. In fact, at this point, I know I could.

To get back to your question, it wasn’t that hard because he was in such bad shape. When he finally did meet her, it was in 1986, when she was nine years old. He had just been put into rehab and had only been a couple of weeks sober. He was not meeting her as that creepy guy he had been.

He had seen many pictures of her during the lost years and we kept in touch. I pushed away from him after a while because his drug use was very frightening. It was at a level to where it got really ugly and guttery; it wasn’t pretty. Nobody wanted to watch it.

It was only hard when Liv got to be a little older and I was going to have to come clean. I wondered when it would happen. I wasn’t quite sure if I should wait until she was eighteen. I didn’t want to disrespect Todd. I was trying to hold it altogether but then I went, “You know what, the most important person here is Liv. The grown ups can all get together and deal with it.” Then, she solved all of that one night. Steven called up and said, “I’ll send a car for you and you all can come to the gig.” It was August of 1988. Guns n Roses were opening for Aerosmith. I brought Liv along and she met Mia, who is 18 months younger than she is. They look like bookends. It was one of those moments where the children figured it out. Liv flat out asked me, “Is he my dad.” What am I supposed to do? It wasn’t like I signed any kind of agreement with anybody. I just had to follow my heart, and my heart said I had to be honest.
Jeb: You managed her career. Your knowledge of the good, the bad and the ugly of the entertainment business had to be a huge gift to her.

Bebe: She was only 14 or 15 when all of this hubbub started up and I wasn’t going to let any of those barracudas around her. I wanted to spare her that and I wanted her to become savvy. Now, you can put her right in the tank with those people. She knows exactly what she’s doing as she is smart and very poised. She wants a long career and the way she’s handling things is perfect. It was a good thing that I was there in the beginning as I think that she has achieved something that a lot of other kids with rock n’ roll parents have not achieved.

Jeb: She has been able to achieve success in the industry where a lot of them become victims to the industry.

Bebe: There is a lot of talent in these kids -- I’m not going to start mentioning names because I’ve known half of them since they were born. Some of them have parents that really don’t let them suffer at all, or learn how to stand on their own two feet. Most of these kids grow up really rich. Liv and I had some really lean years. There were times that Todd didn’t have the money to pay any child support, even though he willingly wanted too. I was working three jobs and I was touring with bands. She knows what it’s like and she has work ethic. She knows what its like to work hard, struggle and to get things because she worked for it. I think she is different in that aspect and I think it has helped her.

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
1.5 hours of radio interview at blogtalkradio.com!

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 04:24:27 AM »
Interview with Bebe at NYmag.com.

Tomorrow Bebe's new album is out! check Amazon.

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 06:37:46 AM »
New interview at NYmag.com - talking quite a lot about Liv.

Offline Jacqueline

• Dream your dream and your dream will dream of you.
  • Advanced Members
  • It's you I admire ♥
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 10:40:18 PM »
^^ Great interview :) Thanks!
"I am amazed I have any fans at all!!! It makes me feel so good to know that I do. It makes me feel really good inside to know that there are some people out there who seem to understand me in some ways even though they don't know me in the flesh."- Liv Tyler

Offline JVfan

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 05:29:27 PM »
Bebe will be on JOY BEHAR tonight- Wed. Oct. 5th- 10pm EST!  :D

Offline Shlomi

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Lovely Liv Tyler Website
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »
Thanks, Bebe is everywhere lately!

Offline Rianon

• Advanced Members
  • Truth Takes Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
Vanity Fair Italy May 2012
Keep a Weather Eye on the Horizon

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
New video - Devil You Know :)

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »
^It's a great song.I also love her husband's guitar work in it.