Author Topic: Arwen makeup  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« on: December 28, 2003, 05:23:02 PM »
Hello!

I want to know what makeup Liv has when she is Arwen. do any body know?

please tell me! :rolleyes:  
Having troubles telling how I feel
But I can dance, dance, dance.

Angel

Arwen makeup
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 06:12:05 PM »
Clinique Black Honey Lipstick (believe it or not..lol.), Mac Foundation, Mac Shy Pink(discontinued) blush, Mac Vanilla Eye Shadow as base and Mac Spice Eyeshadow in crease. Also Taupe Brow set from Clinique for eyeliner. Thats it! I found all this out from Instyle magazine. I have the issue at home. I have the Mac Shy Pink blush and its really pretty!!

I hope this helps you !!! :D

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 01:58:44 PM »
yeah it does, the blush I'm going to get!

I love it.

doesn't she ware any mascara?

She is more then lovely!

Angel

Arwen makeup
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 06:25:54 PM »
She does...I think its Lancome..Let me grab the link for you..Or better yet Ill post it here...
liv tyler:
the lord of the rings

As the heavenly elf Arwen, Liv Tyler "had to look, 'Wow!'—like she was this goddess," says Noreen Wilkie, makeup artist for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. And not just when the ethereal princess locked eyes with her mortal beloved Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen). Even when engaged in battle against the dark side, Arwen had to appear a creature to behold. This meant keeping Tyler in perfect porcelain makeup with her crystal blue eyes played up and full lips played down. Of course, Tyler's to-die- for looks didn't hurt. "I would never say Liv is pretty," declares makeup and hair designer Peter King. "She's stunning." Adds Wilkie, "She takes your breath away—which makes it hard for us mortals."—Elyssa Lee (additional reporting by I-Lien Tsay)

Hair
Tyler's dark luscious locks in the film weren't actually hers—she wore a wig. But, notes King, "You still treat it as normal hair." Which meant making the tresses shiny and soft by applying Joico K-Pak Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor and Clynol Hair Shine spray. Inspired by the Pre-Raphaelite period, King went for wavy hair that flowed down to Tyler's waist. Explains the hair designer, "We tried her with long, straight hair, but that didn't look romantic enough."

Face
For a delicate porcelain palette, Wilkie sponged on MAC Studio Finish matte foundation in NC15 all over the face and down the neck. Afterwards, she pressed on Lancôme Photogenic powder in Ivoire and brushed MAC blush in Shy Pink on the apples of the cheeks. To soften Tyler's "perfect lips," Wilkie dabbed on Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Eyes
To make Tyler's eyes stand out, Wilkie started with MAC eye shadow in Vanilla from lids to brows. She then applied MAC Spice shadow on the crease and Clinique Brow Shaper in Shaping Taupe on the top lash line only. "I didn't put anything under the eyes because I wanted to open her eyes up," explains Wilkie. One coat of Lancôme Définicils mascara in black completed the wide-eyed look.

Jewelry
Jewelry designer Jasmine Watson used unpolished silver to re-create the mythical mithril (a white metal) referred to in Tolkien's text, and to create the Evenstar pendant (bejeweled with Swarovski crystals) pictured here. Like the all-important Ring, this piece is more than a mere token. "It's a special necklace that Arwen gives to Aragorn to keep him safe when he leaves with the fellowship," explains costume designer Ngila Dickson.
[/color]

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 07:36:50 PM »
thank you so much :)

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 11:53:51 PM »
"We tried her with long, straight hair, but that didn't look romantic enough."
yes it did!!!! the wavy hair looked obviously fake and cheap, the straight hair when she first met Frodo was absolutely perfect :wub:

Offline Valriel

• Advanced Members
    • MSN Messenger - valrien@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kelty Bay
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Arwen makeup
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 12:04:27 AM »
I thought it looked like a wig in RotK when she was wearing the red dress thing but I thinked she looked really pretty in FotR. :)
don't be afraid of the dark ages darling,
the stage has been set and your carriage is waiting

Offline Phoebe

• Members
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LyssieFan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lyssiefan
    • View Profile
    • Email
Arwen makeup
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 02:34:05 PM »
WOW! Thank yoou for posting! :)
<center>[size=8]
There's just too much that time cannot erase
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
And you still have all of me...
</center>[/size]

Offline christie

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 03:46:55 PM »
Thanks for the post, Angel!!! :)  
<a href="http://nimbo.net/quiz/houses.html" target="0">i'm in gryffindor!" border="0[/url]

I am still waiting for my true prince...

Offline Willow

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 07:51:52 PM »
"We tried her with long, straight hair, but that didn't look romantic enough."
yes it did!!!! the wavy hair looked obviously fake and cheap, the straight hair when she first met Frodo was absolutely perfect :wub:
I COMPLETELY agree with that Arwen :D  My mum was annoyed they changed her hair, she was always saying how nice she looked in Fotr :lol:  

JT love

I wanted freedom, bound and restricted. I tried to give you up, but I'm addicted.

Angel

Arwen makeup
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 02:43:57 AM »
Thanks for the post, Angel!!! :)
Your welcome!!! :D

Offline ithill

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 02:46:38 AM »
My mum was annoyed they changed her hair, she was always saying how nice she looked in Fotr :lol:
I thought it was her real hair in FOTR  :blush:  and her hair was brown in fellowship but then turned black later on  :huh:  It looked best in fellowship  :) oh and at the end of rotk her hair looked rubbish and as arwen said - fake and plastic
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 02:48:02 AM by ithill »
Click me!!I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 02:47:54 AM »
It had grey streaks it it at one point! :lol:

Offline Willow

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Arwen makeup
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2004, 02:50:52 AM »
Eek! when was that?!!!! :o  :lol:
I thought it was her real hair in FOTR 

yeah, me too :huh:  :lol: oopsie

JT love

I wanted freedom, bound and restricted. I tried to give you up, but I'm addicted.

Angel

Arwen makeup
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2004, 02:51:26 AM »
Really? You think so??? I loved it in ROTK! I thought she looked very romantic and of another world. I like these pictures of her a lot!!!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 02:52:02 AM by Angel »