Author Topic: Burning DVD's  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Burning DVD's
« on: January 02, 2009, 02:18:34 AM »
I recorded a movie from tv using a dongle (that's what dad keeps calling it anyway, I think he's full of it personally). The problem is, I can't figure out how to burn it onto a dvd. I tried using Itunes, but it's not compatible with a regular dvd player and I can only use the dvd player on the laptop.

So does anyone know how to burn the file onto a dvd?

And don't say just buy the dvd, because this particular one isn't on dvd...I'm not sure why either.
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.-Hafiz

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Burning DVD's
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:23:37 AM »
I know you can burn stuff using Windows Media Player, have you tried that?

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Burning DVD's
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »
Yep, it just keeps saying that it needs a blank dvd in the drive, or that the file is too large for the disc (it's a dual layer 8.5gb disc for 5.2gb file).
Even after all this time
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Burning DVD's
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »
Lol, my dad keeps going on about getting a dongle for the computer here, I thought he'd just made that word up! Apparently not, lol.

Anyway yeah, I'm having similar problems, trying to burn True Blood episodes to dvd for my sister. Windows Media isn't working for me but I have downloaded a program called Nero which a friend of mine claimed was the best for burning DVDs so if you like, I shall give it a try & let you know how it goes?

What kind of file type is your movie stored as on your computer?

ETA Okay, well, it took long enough, but I managed to burn two episodes of True Blood in .avi format onto a blank DVD using a program called Nero Start Smart. If you don't want to have to buy it (computer programs are stupidly pricey, I find) then you can probably download it via a torrent search thingie. I think ours came free with the computer but if you google for free downloads or search a torrent server thing, you'll probably find something. Good luck :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:59:36 PM by Niphredil »

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Burning DVD's
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 11:09:41 PM »
Oh thanks Niph, I'll let Dad know. :) The dongle is great...so I can recommend it. Cost us $40.
Even after all this time
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,