Author Topic: iTunes / iPod help!  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
iTunes / iPod help!
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:40:30 AM »
So I got a shiny new iPod classic for my birthday. I have never had an iPod before and I am basically at total loss - I have no idea what I'm doing!

I downloaded iTunes and managed to put all my music into that (I'm leaving the mammoth task of transferring album art 'til another day) but it doesn't seem to want anything to do with my iPod! I plugged the thing in and it doesn't come up under "devices" on iPlayer like it's supposedly meant to - it only did that once and I have no clue how, and then I tried to sync it and it went through the motions as though it was syncing it, but then when I unplugged my iPod there was still no music on ... aargh!

Anyone experienced anything similar & care to give me a beginner's guide? Thanks! :heart1:

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes / iPod help!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
After you synched it did it ask if you wanted to put the music on manually or automaticly when you plug it in? I'd pick the manual way. If so you have to copy paste it into your iPod.

I'm not an expert because the last 2 years of my iPod it didn't connect to my computer so I had the same music on all the time. Apple's site is prety good though: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ They have good Q&A.

Maybe Arwen knows, she's pretty good with this stuff :D
Having troubles telling how I feel
But I can dance, dance, dance.

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
Ummmmm.... did it come with a manual? :lol: My iPod's ancient so I haven't had to set one up in a long time, hmm, well, if you go into My Documents -> My Music and find your iTunes folder- is all your music listed in there? It;ll probably be in a bunch of yellow folders sorted by artist or somesuch. If it's not in there (or there isn't an iTunes folder at all) then either it didn't install fully or it didn't pull your music in properly. Are you sure you've got the most recent version of iTunes? Also, I think maybe you have to charge an iPod up before its first use, like a new mobile? Did you plug it into the wall charger for a few hours before trying to connect it to the pc?

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:07:43 PM »
Thanks you guys :) it was something to do with the version of itunes I had apparently, even though I uninstalled it and re-installed it and it all looks exactly the same, lol. The music is finally going on, though, which is good.

Anyone know if there's a quick way to get album art onto iTunes? I've been at this for hours and I'm only at the letter B, lol. I am determined to have all the nice album pictures in my CoverFlow thing, lol.