Author Topic: LOTR on theaters  (Read 6808 times)

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 133457838
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelylivtyler.com
    • Email
LOTR on theaters
« on: June 13, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »
No kidding!

click

Online Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR on theaters
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:39 AM »
Yeah only in America though. <_< I've been grumpy about it for weeks. -_-

Offline Arielrose

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
  • Dragonese
    • MSN Messenger - arielmusic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arielrosemusic.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:46:04 AM »
I found out too late :(
FOTR was tonight and I coulda seen it cause I had no plans *whine*
I guess I could try for the other 2, but FOTR was my favorite  -_-
Come hear my music:
Ariel's Myspace

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 133457838
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelylivtyler.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »
It is today(June 14th), no ?  :unsure:

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »
It is today(June 14th), no ?  :unsure:

Aww. Sorry Arielrose. I'd love to see 'em on the big screen again also.  :wub:

Offline Arielrose

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
  • Dragonese
    • MSN Messenger - arielmusic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arielrosemusic.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »
I am going to make another attempt this coming Tuesday for the Two Towers and hopefully ROTK as well...though I don't think I'll make it through without crying a heap...gotta bring tissues and wear waterproof mascara for that  :P
Come hear my music:
Ariel's Myspace

Online Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
I think for me, the best part of going to a screening like that would be being in a room full of people who 'get it'. I'm always surrounded by people who don't, and it would feel like being surrounded by family, in a way. On the other hand, I don't think I could handle watching ROTK in a situation like that. I'm very sensitive to other peoples' energy, and I already have a total mental breakdown every single time I watch the bit where Frodo leaves Middle Earth, and that's just watching it by myself!

Other mental breakdown moments (not in order since I'm thinking of them on the spot):

-Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli think that Merry and Pippin are dead and burned. "One of their wee belts.", Aragorn kicking that helmet etc.

-Eomer finds Eowyn on the battlefield (particularly distressing because Eowyn looks like my sister!)

-Sam telling Frodo about the Shire on the slopes of Mount Doom and Frodo's wig-out about not being able to remember any of it

-'Here at the end of all things', 'It would've been her', etc., dear GOD.

-The fact that Gandalf brought a spare rescue eagle for Smeagol as well as for Frodo and Sam.

-The moment when Frodo realises that Sam's rationing food for the journey home. The look in his eyes kills me, Elijah's always a killer for conveying emotions like that, with his big blue buggle eyes! Same thing in Rivendell when he says "My adventure turned out to be quite different." Something about the way he looks down and from side-to-side after he says it is just SO incredible. You don't see Elijah pretending to be thinking about what he just said, you see Frodo thinking about what he just said.

-The whole lighting of the beacons scene just because it's so epic it makes me stop breathing for about 3 minutes straight.

-When BASTARD Denethor tells Fazzles that he wishes he were dead and Boromir had lived. How could anyone be cruel to Daisy, he's a living teddy bear and so is Faramir. *blub*

-Aragorn telling Eowyn he can't give her what she seeks, but that he's wished her joy since first he saw her. *tear*

-Arwen's vision of her little boy, god, it gets me right in the heart every time. Especially now that Liv has Milo!

-Theoden sobbing at Theodred's funeral, and when he dies, obvs.

-After Frodo get stabbed on Weathertop and you see Merry and Pippin's hands patting all over him because they're desperate to help him but don't know what to do.

-Arwen and Aragorn's kiss when she's wearing that bedsheet thing in his vision, I always found that kiss far more romantic than any other they had in any of the movies, I love the way they hold each other and sort of sway a bit. :heart1:

-When Gandalf leaves Edoras with Pippin and Pippin's distraught that he's being separated from Merry, and then the little scene afterwards where Merry talks to Aragorn about how they've never been apart before. *sadface*

-The flashback scene where Boromir and Faramir talk together in Gondor and then we see both of them with Denethor and Boromir tries to talk Faramir up a bit so Denethor will give him credit. Boromir had his flaws but he was the best kind of big brother.

-The little Eowyn/Faramir Houses of Healing scene, because it's one of my absolute favourites in the book, and I was so happy they filmed it and included it on the EE dvd, even if they didn't put it in the film, and also because they executed it beautifully and Miranda and Daisy were perfect together in their roles. You could totally believe that they went on to have a brood of beautiful strawberry blonde babies.

'"My friends, you bow to no one." Obviously.

"Don't go where I can't follow!" when Sam thinks Shelob's killed Frodo. :cry: That line is possibly my favourite in all the books. Favourite common speech line anyway.

-The scene where we see Aragorn dead on his tomb and Arwen mourning over him, it was achingly beautiful to watch but also obviously quite horrible to see.

-The split second where Smeagol lays eyes on the Ring for the first time (in the flashback with Deagol at the beginning of ROTK). You just know so many many years of poison and ruin and sadness are going to come of it.

-Treebeard seeing all the dead trees at Isengard was sad, although more sad in the book. I wasn't too impressed by how they chose to portray Treebeard.

There are TONS more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:23:19 PM by Arwen »

Online Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 08:24:26 PM »
 :shock: Good grief, sorry guys, I didn't realise quite how long that post was going to turn out!

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 06:39:52 AM »
I am going to make another attempt this coming Tuesday for the Two Towers and hopefully ROTK as well...though I don't think I'll make it through without crying a heap...gotta bring tissues and wear waterproof mascara for that  :P

^I can relate to that with all these movies, and with Arwen's post.One scene that always wells up a tear(kind of  :blush:) is the whole Faramir/Denethor situation concerning the ring being brought back to Gondor. How easy would it be for Faramir to take the ring in an effort to win his father's affection.Very touching and brave. Also, the scene where Denethor gives orders to re-take Osgiliath, and what is said there. The look on Pippin's face! One of my favorite chapters of the book also.