Author Topic: Todd Rundgren  (Read 62592 times)

Offline May

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2003, 11:02:43 AM »
A DRUNKEN, half-dressed heckler tormented Winona Ryder at the Todd
Rundgren/Royston Langdon concert at Town Hall the other night. The
sticky-fingered actress was sitting with Langdon's wife, Liv Tyler, when the
woman behind her started loudly slurring, "We want Todd!" during Langdon's set.
When Ryder politely asked her to be quiet, the soused seatmate started
stripping off her clothes. Security guards finally came over to confiscate the
bottle of Bacardi rum the woman was swilling from - but not before she tried to
chug what was left in it before handing it over.
That is so funny!
I loved reading that over and over again!  

Offline Took_ofthe_Bree

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaycee237
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2003, 02:13:36 PM »
what a mean self-disrespecting drunkard!! BETTER NTO HAV ANNOYED LIV  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: thinking about celebrities,... orli... <_<   :wub:  -_-  heh heh, my secret
HELP! WHAT CAN I PUT IN HERE THAT INVOLVES PICTURES AND WORDS USED TOGETYHER FLUIDLY? ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!! THANKS!
Haldir
Legolas
and i mean in teh movie, not off-set okay?  hey, they're ELVES for goodness sake!! :)

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2003, 04:23:29 PM »
mmm Orli :wub: welcome to the forum Took :)

Offline weavil

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://weavils.com
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2003, 05:32:06 AM »
here's my "yearly shot" with the toddster, taken 7.23.03 at the pabst theatre in milwaukee, wisco

B)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 05:32:58 AM by weavil »

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 133457838
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelylivtyler.com
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2003, 11:47:48 AM »
cool  B)

it was on Todd's show ?

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2003, 12:24:53 PM »
Todd is on the latest issue of PlayGirl (thats right!) - I've found that on Todd's Yahoo! group

here is some interesting bits:

A few moments later, the warm and friendly Liv Tyler walks by and  says hello to Todd and me. Royston Langston (Liv's husband) is  also mucking around on a guitar in another room.

Well, I don't have to ask you about your relationship with Liv.  The scene here is very family oriented and you guys seem very close.

Yes. It was a lucky coincidence about having this gig here, in a
  way, but we really planned the trip a while ago with Liv and my
  twenty-two-year-old son, Rex. Because once they became professionals,
  they have their own lives and it's so hard to see them. We've
  been
  having a blast. Especially Rex and Liv, because they spent time
  together when they were kids. So this has been a family event, first
  and foremost. We'll probably do this once a year, but the real
  problem is that Rex is a professional baseball player and he has to
  play from like, March to October.

How many children do you have?
TR: Liv's the oldest, she's twenty-five, and my youngest son is  eleven. Yeah, so only seven more years and I can have my life back!  [Laughs.]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 12:25:53 PM by cmr »

Offline KittyKitty

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2003, 03:47:07 PM »
Todd is on the latest issue of PlayGirl (thats right!) - I've found that on Todd's Yahoo! group

here is some interesting bits:

A few moments later, the warm and friendly Liv Tyler walks by and  says hello to Todd and me. Royston Langston (Liv's husband) is  also mucking around on a guitar in another room.

Well, I don't have to ask you about your relationship with Liv.  The scene here is very family oriented and you guys seem very close.

Yes. It was a lucky coincidence about having this gig here, in a
  way, but we really planned the trip a while ago with Liv and my
  twenty-two-year-old son, Rex. Because once they became professionals,
  they have their own lives and it's so hard to see them. We've
  been
  having a blast. Especially Rex and Liv, because they spent time
  together when they were kids. So this has been a family event, first
  and foremost. We'll probably do this once a year, but the real
  problem is that Rex is a professional baseball player and he has to
  play from like, March to October.

TR: Liv's the oldest, she's twenty-five, and my youngest son is  eleven. Yeah, so only seven more years and I can have my life back!  [Laughs.]
SO SWEET!!! I love the fact that Todd loves Liv so unconditionally and she loves him. She does have TWO dads and that is wonderful. It is so cool that they were all together at the wedding/reception in April. I saw a great photo taken by Bob Gruen. It had Liv, Bebe, Todd and Steven. They were all hugging and smiling. No wonder Liv is so special and together. She has had all this love around her. Good for Bebe for doing such a great job giving her the right energy and supporting her having this extended family. These people are so cool. I love them all. :wub:  

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2003, 07:02:18 PM »
No wonder Liv is so special and together. She has had all this love around her.
lucky her.
Good for Bebe for doing such a great job giving her the right energy and supporting her having this extended family. These people are so cool. I love them all.  
I agree with all you said :)

Offline goodgirl

• Members
    • View Profile
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2003, 12:59:09 AM »
I think it is moving that he doesn't feel he has to quailify it by saying 'Liv is like a daughter to me'or anything, he simply reels off her name in a list of his kids and doesn't care that she is seen in public a lot as Steven's daughter. How inresting to truly have two fathers.

Offline KittyKitty

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2003, 05:13:15 PM »
I think it is moving that he doesn't feel he has to quailify it by saying 'Liv is like a daughter to me'or anything, he simply reels off her name in a list of his kids and doesn't care that she is seen in public a lot as Steven's daughter. How inresting to truly have two fathers.
These are some lovely lovely people- all of them. Todd, Bebe, Steven, Teresa, Mia- the whole lot.  

Offline weavil

• Members
    • View Profile
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2003, 10:56:09 PM »
new todd interview exclusive in playgirl with much mention of family...and a lot of silly chit:

http://www.trbazaar.com/playgirlinterview.htm

and an easier-to-read piece at the trconnection forums:

http://forums.trconnection.com/viewthread.php?tid=1383

Todd the sex godd

By Christine Fontana

We’ve known him through his many incarnations—the Tortured Artist, the Runt, the Individualist, TR-I and the Wizard, the True Star—but one thing absolutely remains the same: Todd Rundgren is still a turn-on after all these years.

A prolific songwriter, a silky-voiced balladeer, an incredible musician, a master producer, and a hi-tech/computer pioneer, Todd Rundgren has been an integral part of the music industry for decades. The man is so incredibly cool, sincere, and lovable that he makes us want to have his children.

Those who practice the religion of Todd will find the faith here, as tasty Todd shows why he’s still on top of his game and still loved for his intelligence, brutal honesty, extreme humor, candid wit, and his immortal sexiness!

PLAYGIRL: What are you up to these days? Any production projects?

Todd Rundgren: Not much production. My life recently has been devoted to a lot of personal things. We’re about to start building a house in Hawaii and we had to renovate the house I’m in now. The kind of music that’s being made today is not really the kind of music that I produce. It’s usually more serious musicians or musicians who may have had some success, but they’re at an impasse and they want someone who can think a little different.

A few moments later, the warm and friendly Liv Tyler walks by and says hello to Todd and me. Royston Langston (Liv’s husband) is also mucking around on a guitar in another room.

Well, I don’t have to ask you about your relationship with Liv. The scene here is very family oriented and you guys seem very close.

Yes. It was a lucky coincidence about having this gig here, in a way, but we really planned the trip a while ago with Liv and my twenty-two-year-old son, Rex. Because once they became professionals, they have their own lives and it’s so hard to see them. We’ve been having a blast. Especially Rex and Liv, because they spent time together when they were kids. So this has been a family event, first and foremost. We'll probably do this once a year, but the real problem is that Rex is a professional baseball player and he has to play from like, March to October.

A very talented family!

Yes. It’s kind of weird, because I’ve never been much of an athlete.

Do you ever feel like a sex symbol?

I try not to worry about it because once you get to a certain age that can quickly turn to useless vanity because you are getting older and older. There may have been a time when if I wasn’t a sex symbol, I was screwable! I think I’m sexy to women in the areas of success and power and things like that. Whether a woman would look at me without ever having laid eyes on me before and say, “Mmm, I’d like to have that!” that I’m not so sure about! [Laughs.] But women who are aware of the things I’ve accomplished I think are attracted to me, and I can always fall back on that, no matter how old I get!

What is your definition of sexy?

There has to be a kind of individuality or uniqueness that has to be there in the first place. I’ve always been attracted to women who are obviously beautiful but not necessarily models. I am very aware of other visceral things about a woman that can be really attractive. If she’s smart and gets my sense of humor, that turns me on! [Laughs.] If a woman gets the sort of way that I see the world, that makes everything else more imaginable. By the same token, even if I had some initial attraction, I would probably have no interest in a woman that just gives me a blank stare every time I say something. [Laughs.] In the end, it has to be fun. I don’t think sex has to be serious. Some people look at every sex act as a prelude to marriage or as some sort of therapy to get over other things, but for me, when I’m having the most fun is just when, you know, you’ve just completely forgotten everything. You can’t really remember what the hell you’re doing there!

You connect well with your female fans. There’s this blonde that I see at your shows that consistently makes an effort to grab you on stage!

The Biter! I call her that because she got backstage once when we were playing and she actually bit me on the arm! She left teeth marks. And I had to have her physically removed at that point! [Laughs.] And since then, I’ve kept my distance ‘cause I don’t want to get bit! Yes, she gets a little carried away but I wouldn’t say she’s representative. But beyond that, I probably have a greater empathy for women than the average man. Some of that wouldn’t be pleasant to hear as a woman if you’re honest.

What?

[Laughs.] See, me and my wife have a simple theory: Men are stupid and women are evil. And we teach our kids that! Men aren’t smart enough to be evil! [Laughs.] We’ve had some experience with what a woman can do to a man or to another woman. It seems to be easier to get rid of a man in our circle who’s a problem! Women are so much more persistent sometimes and can be driven by fantasy. Also, I know some really great men, but if I had to pick out a single person in the world that I ever knew that was a most fully realized human being it would probably be a woman as opposed to a man. But having said that, there are horrible examples of manhood and horrible examples of womanhood. [Laughs.] You hope not to run into them. My empathy is that I’ve gotten to a place, I suppose, of non-judgment in that women can be evil, but I’m not going to hold that against them. [Laughs.]

Tell me about some of the most unusual pieces of fan mail or gifts you get.

I’ve gotten quite a few unusual gifts. Occasionally provocative, but I think even my female fans understand that I try and keep it light and that I have a sense of humor about this whole business. All I have to do is make the slightest suggestion and people will go nuts, not necessarily in all seriousness. At one point, I made a joke about panties being thrown on the stage. For the entire rest of the tour, at one point in the show, there would be a rain of panties! After a while, it just becomes a gag. So if someone is sincerely throwing their panties up there, it would get lost in all the gag panties. [Laughs.]

What’s one of the most bizarre rumors you’ve heard about yourself? Remember, I’m going to perpetuate that rumor now by publishing it!

…There’s the issues with Mark David Chapman…

I’ve never heard of that one.

Mark David Chapman was apparently a bigger fan of mine than he was of John Lennon. When they went to his place, it was full of my records and stuff like that. Eventually, they wrote a book about him and there were several passages about his fixation with me. So, the possibility is that if he knew how to find me, John Lennon might still be alive! I don’t want to suggest that, but you never know. It freaked out all the people around me.

Other rumors might interest PLAYGIRL readers! [Laughs.] A lot of it is just exaggeration. I’ve seen my picture in little booklets about sex, drugs, and rock and roll, greatest hits, whatever. I was at this point all throughout my twenties where I weighed about 140 pounds and I could pretty much fit into and wear anything. I had a gay costumer at one point and I was his work of art! He would put all this stuff on me that sometimes would over-emphasize parts of the anatomy! And that got me the reputation as some kind of trouser monster, but I’ve never exposed myself on stage like Iggy Pop, so there’s no way to confirm or deny that, is there? [Laughs.]

Are you a romantic guy?

I’m not… I would be more like the sensitive guy. I don’t go out and get flowers and wine and do what women would consider romantic. I suppose if there would be a clone of me, and some woman wanted to have it [laughs], if she was looking for some guy who would be enduringly romantic and never moody, I’m not the guy. I’m more sexy because I think women get the sense that I have my male priorities straight. The most important thing in the world to me is my children. And even though that doesn’t sound like a sexy thing, when you get down to sex and reproduction, you want a man who is going to take care of your children for you.

Do you like music in the bedroom?

I like T.V. in the bedroom.

Really? What, American Idol? While doing bedroom things?

There are some things that you don’t want on, but it becomes part of the pre-encounter atmosphere. It’s too much trouble to get up out of bed and turn it off.

You don’t have remote controls?

They often don’t work! [Laughs.] There are two possible outcomes when you’re going to engage sexually: one is that it will be over in about two minutes! The other is that it will never be over! [Laughs.] It can go on for hours and somebody’s not gonna… you know! And on very rare occasions everything comes together in like, fifteen minutes or whatever!

You’re married. Is monogamy important to you?

It is certainly possible to hurt someone’s feelings by being non-monogamous. I’ve experienced that in my life, on both sides. I think personal honesty is important but at the same time you can feel trapped if you don’t have some sort of personal latitude in which you think you have the option. You don’t have to take advantage of it, but you have to feel confident enough that you’re not going to put your relationship in peril simply by looking at another woman. You want to be able to easily remind yourself why you love this person and why you continue to be with this person. At the same time, and especially since we’re older, we actually give each other a lot more slack because there was a time when we were both very active and liberated and it was good for our egos. And now that we’re older and we realize that people don’t look at us in the same way anymore, we kinda say, “Well, if you have an opportunity to do somebody, like, fifteen years younger than you, you take it!” [Laughs.] Just to feel young again! Because I don’t want to think that I deprived you of that opportunity! It’s not like you want to hear about it, but we don’t say to each other, “Well, if I ever found out, it’s over!” We’re not going to be able to get it up pretty soon! [Laughs.] So use it before you lose it!

What turns you on?

If you see somebody and your automatic sex switch turns on, and you say, “Hmm, I might like to spend some time with that person.” Probably, the biggest turn-on is eye contact. When suddenly someone seems to be focused on you, then you feel like you can take it to the next step, chat them up or whatever, compliment them—that’s your objective. If you meet someone but they can’t seem to stop looking at everyone else, then that’s a turn-off. Step one has been accomplished if they focus on you, and then you can start to think about the possibility of other things!

Where are your secret erogenous zones?

I’m afraid there’s no secret—I’m very basic in that regard. [Laughs.] I certainly enjoy a good foot rub and that kind of stuff and a little body work is always great but, um, I have the typical male erogeny, which really emanates from the pelvis! I have no problem if a woman is going to stick her tongue in my ear, but I’m going to wipe it out afterwards!

Besides your bed, what is the most important thing in your bedroom?

I suppose lighting is a really important aspect and if the room doesn’t already have it, you’ve got to try and create it with candles or little novelty lamps with tiny bulbs in them! I like to do it with subtle lights on. I like to be able to see my partner because I get turned on visually.

What is the most sincere form of flattery to you?

I can be hard to put up with sometimes. If someone will endure my braying [laughs], like when I start to get loud about politics, that’s flattering.

If you knew that you could pose naked for PLAYGIRL…

Can I have three months? [Laughs.]

…would you do it to change something significant in the world, like homelessness or AIDS?

Oh, I would go naked for less than that! [Laughs.] But I wouldn’t do it if it was just for my own vanity, because I would probably be disappointed! But I support charities like Planned Parenthood or some sort of birth option oriented thing because I think that people should take child bearing and rearing more seriously than they do.

What’s been your biggest accomplishment yet?

Being a dad was for me the overall most satisfying thing I’ve ever done, because I actually set it as a goal when I was really young. I was not a happy child and I resolved to change my family karma and not place my career above my kids. People have kids for terrible reasons; they’re already having a horrible relationship and they think, “If I had kids, that would bring it together, wouldn’t it?” It’s the biggest surprise of their life when they find out that kids are the worst thing for your relationship! People start arguing about how they’re supposed to be brought up and women tend to lose their sex drive after they have children. In that sense, there are a lot of sacrifices involved in raising children. You can’t do it without a full and equal commitment form both people to get over all that stuff. I don’t understand why people who don’t intend to have children get married. For as long as you have children, you are going to be married in that sense. I just despise people who have children but are still just too concerned about their own personal happiness. I despise people who say that they need to separate because, “Oh it’s better for the kids because me and mom are fighting.” You have go get over yourself until these kids are able to take care of themselves. You had them, now take care of them. Anyone who gets divorced because “my happiness is just being too compromised,” fuck you! In that sense, I have striven to raise all my children.

Liv’s the oldest, she’s twenty-five, and my youngest son is eleven. Yeah, so only seven more years and I can have my life back! [Laughs.]

What should the world know about you that they don’t already?

Maybe it’s just some of the bad habits I’ve let myself get into. Like if I have to belch, I’ll just let it go—long and loud! It just feels too good! [Laughs.] There are some things that you are only supposed to do alone, but sometimes I let them slip into the public!

What is the motto of Todd Rundgren?

I do have a rule that some consider admirable and some consider obnoxious. I won’t be dishonest with someone just to make them feel good. I made a resolution to myself at a certain point that I would be completely honest. Not to the point of gratuitousness, like, “You know, you have a bad smell!” but not deferring what would eventually have to come out anyway. If bullshit is going down, I’ll call on it. If I don’t like something, I won’t pretend to like it just to be gracious. The principle reason why I came to that conclusion was that the older I get and the more of these little fibs that you tell, the harder it is to remember what you said the last time! It’s just too hard to keep track of fabrication.

Are you better at being a good boy or a bad boy?

I’m pretty good at both. I still lead what to most people is something of a bad boy’s life. Because of my hardy metabolism, I can still party with the rest of ‘em, kind of like Keith Richards! Everybody knows what a pothead I am! Also, there are bad boy things that I’ve never done, like heroin or cocaine. So I’ve never been in the Betty Ford Clinic and never been able to benefit from the publicity that would generate! [Laughs.] People consider me a good boy because there’s still an element of discipline in my life that allows me to provide for my family and to keep me from going over that line into something that would be self-destructive.

What would you like to say to the women out there who lust after you?

Don’t stop lusting! [Laughs.] Please, please continue to lust!

Offline Lady of Light

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2003, 07:04:31 PM »
That is like the largest post I've ever read.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot.
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.
[span style=\'color:lightblue\']#18 Bump Fan
[/span]

Offline weavil

• Members
    • View Profile
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2004, 09:50:05 PM »
the stage is set for todd's newest tour!
A tour to promote the new album "Liars" (at present, unreleased - slated for 2.21.04 japanese release).
It will be with the with a twist band:

Kasim Sulton - bass
Jesse Gress - guitar
John Ferenzik - keyboards
Prairie Prince - drums

dates here:

http://trconnection.com/tour/t2004

and, so far, it starts here in the midwest...see ya there!
 :alien: TR :wub:  

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2004, 08:44:25 AM »
Thanks Weavil - our man for Todd news  :)

When this album will be released ?

Offline weavil

• Members
    • View Profile
Todd Rundgren
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2004, 05:19:23 AM »
as stated above, release date in japan is 2.21.04
us date unknown at this point :D