Author Topic: Viggo Mortensen...  (Read 107481 times)

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 133457838
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelylivtyler.com
    • Email
Re: Viggo Mortensen...
« Reply #690 on: September 19, 2009, 08:10:25 PM »
FIY, I choose the gov. we're a democratic country. I also served in the army for six years.
and I agree on all actions my gov decided to do in the last year.

So, if you think like Viggo - blame me. maybe I'm a war criminal?

Offline stormgull

• Stars
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 19, 2009, 11:07:31 PM »
Apart from that I'm thinking it is pretty naive to believe everything a government says and support everything a government does blindly, no matter in which country in the world you may live:

It's fine that this is your opinion, but again, you can not seriously expect a 100% people of the rest of the world to have the same opinion as you? And if someone has a different opinion you shout out hate? That's your solution? Maybe think about it again...

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #692 on: September 20, 2009, 06:18:16 AM »
@stormgull

Maybe you can accept people who call you "Nazi", but I won't accept anyone who calls me or may country "war criminals" for just trying to protect ourselves.

That's not "opinion", that's attack. Mr. Viggo didn't say "I think Israel policy is wrong", but stated, that we are doing "illegal and inhumane actions". So absolutely, like he is the deputy of god.

I'll never accept it as "opinion", that's an attack.

Apart from that I'm thinking it is pretty naive to believe everything a government says and support everything a government does blindly, no matter in which country in the world you may live
Is that what you understood from what I wrote above? I would never support something blindly. but doing actions in order to defend ourselves is something %99.9 of Israel's citizens support.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:26:35 AM by cmr »

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 20, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »
It's a question of protection though. Every country sees what they're doing as protection.

I'm not going to get into it more though becuase it's a dead end.
Having troubles telling how I feel
But I can dance, dance, dance.

Offline Shlomi

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Lovely Liv Tyler Website
« Reply #694 on: September 20, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »
cmr, with all this publicity and controversy you're trying to attach to Viggo and his opinions, I think you're secretly working for him :lol:

Just read a bit more... Strangely, Jane Fonda, who had led that protest, stepped back from her position:

Signing protest letter was rash, Fonda says

In an official statement, Ms. Fonda wrote that she had “signed the letter without reading it carefully enough, without asking myself if some of the wording wouldn't exacerbate the situation rather than bring about constructive dialogue.

“Some of the words in the protest letter did not come from my heart, words that are unnecessarily inflammatory: The simplistic depiction of Tel Aviv as a city ‘built on destroyed Palestinian villages,' for instance, and the omission of any mention of Hamas's 8-month-long rocket and mortar attacks on the town of Sderot and the western Negev to which Israel was responding when it launched its war on Gaza. Many citizens now suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result.

Also:

On the other side, some major names in show business, including Natalie Portman, Sacha Baron Cohen, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Kudrow Monday signed their names to a statement applauding TIFF for “including the Israeli film community in the Festival's City to City program. Anyone who has actually seen recent Israeli cinema … knows they are in no way a propaganda arm for any government policy. Blacklisting them only stifles the exchange of cultural knowledge that artists should be the first to defend and protect.”

I don't suppose you'll denounce these artists for expressing their opinions, too?
I like what Natalie said, she is smart:

“I just think the protest was very poorly considered,” Portman said. “I’m not saying Israel is beyond criticism, because there’s plenty in Israel’s politics that you can criticize. It’s just, why boycott artists? It’s ridiculous. If you want to talk about applauding places that are built on suffering, the United States was built on the genocide of 40 million Native Americans. Are we going to boycott American films?”

“How about those slavery years?” Don Roos, the film’s writer/director, piped in.

“Yeah, that slavery was awesome too,” Portman said. “Also there’s so much dissent in Israeli and Palestinian art, and that’s part of the spotlight. I wonder – because those people [who signed the protest letter], I respect their work – I wonder if they hastily signed that, because it seems not well thought through.”

I believe the intentions on all sides are good, including Viggo's.

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #695 on: September 20, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »
I'm sorry. You're too naive. Anyone who calls you "inhumane" doesn't mean good.

you're right that I wasted too much enegry for this a**hole. Viggo is an a*** hole - and that's my opinion. I'm done here.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:12:23 PM by cmr »

Offline stormgull

• Stars
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 21, 2009, 11:44:32 AM »
@Shlomi

give it up, it's hopeless with some poeple. For them it's just black and white, and love or hate - nothing in between, especially not conversation... :(

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #697 on: September 21, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
If you want to send a personal message to Shlomi - PM him. else - your message is just rude.

@Shlomi

give it up, it's hopeless with some poeple. For them it's just black and white, and love or hate - nothing in between, especially not conversation... :(

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 21, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
Thus far cmr, you have been rude to everyone who has attempted to engage you in this discussion. It could be said that your posts about Viggo are rude, and that you should send them to him privately and directly, instead of voicing them in a Viggo fan thread and then making all sorts of derogatory comments towards anyone who opposes you. This is a thread for fans of Viggo- what exactly were you expecting to happen as a result of your obviously inflammatory posts? Why is it that you are allowed to make whatever kind of comments you wish, yet another member is told to use PM? That doesn't seem fair to me.

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #699 on: September 21, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Believe me, if I was able to show Viggo what I think about him in the person - I would.
About being rude - I really don't mind being rude to Viggo.

About Viggo fans - I don't think I am rude to you, I never said anything rude towards any of the posters here - check it. If something - I'm eating a lot of crap from you guys. As I said - I don't mind letting this topic die, but you insist bringing it up again and again - and I have no choice but to respond.

My intention is to being my own view and opinion about Viggo. I think I achieved that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 08:13:54 PM by cmr »

Offline stormgull

• Stars
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 21, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
@cmr

if you decided ( about a hundred times meanwhile...) that you "hate" Viggo" that he is an **shole and whatever else, why don't YOU just leave this topic and leave it be? Everyone here heard what you think about him, many tried to explain to you that hate and offence are not a good way to react on ANYbody saying anything that doesn't suit you but you still go on shouting hate and **shole. So, we all heard that you don't like the guy and why so why don't you just leave this topic now?

Offline cmr

• Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: September 21, 2009, 08:34:41 PM »
Congrats Miss. stormgull. I'm 8 years here - and no one has ever told me to leave.
Tell you the truth - I find it slightly amusing - will you give the forum admin the freedom of speech here?  :lol:

But don't understand me wrong - this is the last time you say something like that to me, or to anyone else.

Offline stormgull

• Stars
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 21, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »
oh, I don't mind your warning, I'm not a very active member of this forum or site anyway. But you got it wrong: I didn't TELL you to leave, I simply asked you why you don't do it because actually that would be the thing I would do if I were you? I was just wondering that's all. If your reaction is to ban me, that's completly alright, it just shows and underlines your way of thinking. It would be a pretty poor thing to do, but if you can't do anything else, please feel free to do it.

Offline arwen-undomiel

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 21, 2009, 10:36:30 PM »
Stormgull is right. You have your opinion cmr, and I respect it but I think it would be best just to stop all of these discussions and respect other fans of Viggo, who want to enjoy and care for this thread.

Offline Hallaithilwen

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 22, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
I should shut my mouth here, but I just can't help it; I think its rude to use your admin status to threat someone who only say their opinions (in a very grown up and nice way, if I may say so)..

and as I have experienced in this forum; its kind of like an unwritten rule that you stay out of threads if you are continiously bashing the person that the thread is about. To state your opinion in an alright fashion is alright, but leave it at that. Politics and religion should never be discussed in a forum like this.

All this hatred makes me sad. Can't we all just respect eachothers opinions without using bad (and childish) language? We are all different and have different opinions. That is just how it is in this world.