Author Topic: Who designed this & the Look for Less  (Read 69284 times)

Offline SparkleGem

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Who designed this & the Look for Less
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:31:33 PM »
Tiffany posted:

Post here if you would like to know who designed something & where you can get it. Also where you can get the look for less. Not necessarily limited to Liv.

((Sorry Sparklegem for  interrupting  your post  :P  your original post is just below.-CMR))[/color][/i]

Hi girls!  New to this site and LOVE it.  What would you say Liv's style is?  I would say classic with a little funky mixed in.  How can I achieve her carefree cool style?  To start with, I'm getting one of those Alexander McQueen skull scarves :)

Also, any clue where to get the McQueen black bag she has, the one w/the buckles?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 06:14:29 PM by Shlomi »

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:14:22 AM »
Hi. Welcome to LLT.  :)

Which buckle bag are you talking about? Is it this one? If so its by Givenchy. Shes only had one Mcqueen bag that I can think of... a pink one with feathers that she wore with a pink Mcqueen dress to a premiere.

About getting her style... you will love the skull scarf. Also do you have a pair of Converse yet?  ;) Just think basics with fun bright colored accessories like scarves & bags.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 12:43:33 AM by Tiffany »
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/06b152de861b484ed1fe3bb47faa2274/tumblr_mxeri7P2ZV1rf6004o1_500.jpg[img]

Offline SparkleGem

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:46:04 AM »
Hi. Welcome to LLT.  :)

Which buckle bag are you talking about? Is it this one? If so its by Givenchy. Shes only had one Mcqueen bag that I can think of... a pink one with feathers that she wore with a pink Mcqueen dress to a premiere.

About getting her style... you will love the skull scarf. Also do you have a pair of Converse yet?  ;) Just think basics with fun bright colored accessories like scarves & bags.

thank you!!  Yes, that's the bag.  Do you know if this Givenchy is available anywhere?  

which color skull scarf should I get?  I think a more toned down version is me, so something other than black/white....

:wub:  

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:57:51 AM »
That bag isnt available anywhere anymore since its several seasons old. Your best bet would be keeping an eye on Ebay.

As far as the skull scarves go I have 2 of them... an acid green with black skulls which is more bold & a white one with baby blue skulls (which I really love) & its more toned down. Theres also a very pretty white/lavender, pink/white, yellow/white... all kinds of pretty toned down colors.  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:21:46 AM by Tiffany »
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/06b152de861b484ed1fe3bb47faa2274/tumblr_mxeri7P2ZV1rf6004o1_500.jpg[img]

Offline SparkleGem

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:30:17 AM »
great, I will check out the McQueen colors :)

What basic items should I look for (besides converse which I'll get) to replicate her style?  Does she usually wear flowy/baggy clothes or more form fitting ones?  Just trying to get a feel for what I should keep an eye out for.  I tend to think she's more classic in dressing with funky accessories like you said?

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 01:36:25 AM »
Basics like a black sweater & cardigans, a nice pair of jeans, a blazer, ballet flats, newsboy caps, scarves... She loves Juicy velour sweats & C&C tees. She also loves vintage & vintage inspired clothing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:37:22 AM by Tiffany »

Offline Aryn

• Advanced Members
    • MSN Messenger - -
    • AOL Instant Messenger - -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - -
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 01:36:39 AM »
well, you could look for yerself here

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 01:37:53 AM »
well, you could look for yerself here

That too.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:38:32 AM by Tiffany »

Offline Arielrose

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
  • Dragonese
    • MSN Messenger - arielmusic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arielrosemusic.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 07:48:46 AM »
Liv always dresses for comfort when she's out and about :)
Always has a nice warm coat (seems to favor camel and black colored ones) and a good hat/scarf set. She loves Converse of course, and New Balance and Ugg boots...she definitely wants comfy feet  :D
And I always think of her having a nice handbag  :lol: Your outfit can be 'so-so' but add a nice handbag and it looks great...so funny to me  :D
She uses all sorts of things in her wardrobe from expensive designer brands to cheap stuff that is still nice and good quality.
I like her style because it's very easy to integrate the items she likes into my own wardrobe and make it my 'own' thing...this is probably because she tends to stay with classic items that will look as good 10 years from now as they do today :)
Come hear my music:
Ariel's Myspace

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
I would say Liv has quite a classic style, with a feminine edge.

Basics (in my opinion) would be a classy set of dark-denim jeans, a simple black longsleeved tight top, converse in pink or black, an oversized bag for daily use, a black dress for night and some elegant 'stand out' heels to match, simple diamond/silver stud earrings and gorgeous ballet flats...

That is my Liv-Basics list anyway.

Offline SparkleGem

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »
Live seems to wear this gold disc necklace a lot - does anyone know the designer?  Thanks!

My Webpage

Offline SparkleGem

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 04:51:44 PM »
Thanks everyone!  This is extremely helpful :)  Love C&C so I'm going to add some of the styles that Liv has, can tell she loves them!  too bad I can't wear them to work :(

Offline SparkleGem

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 04:53:30 PM »
I notice that Liv has the Chloe east west bag.  I have a Paddington that I think is too big for me as I'm only 5'.  Does anyone know if the east west bag is a shoulder bag, and if it's smaller than the medium Paddington?  I think I might consider selling my tan Paddy to get the east west bag as I think it's more *me*.  Thanks girls!

Offline ankh

• Advanced Members
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ile_ankh@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
hmm..i love that necklace and i wondered where she got it from too...but my only hope is that i can put my jeweller to make me one like that...it is very sweet and simple. SORRY i can't help you Sparkle

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 07:18:11 PM »
I think Bebe gave Liv that necklace, no idea about the designer though sorry