Author Topic: The Hobbit!  (Read 97545 times)

Offline Arielrose

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
  • Dragonese
    • MSN Messenger - arielmusic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arielrosemusic.com
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 10:14:30 AM »
The only way this movie would work without Peter directing, is if they turn it over to someone else on his creative team and they keep the original cast members, design people, costume makers, etc.

Then it could still come out well I think...but if it gets turned into something 'Hollywood' it will be 99 percent guaranteed awful  :lol:  
Come hear my music:
Ariel's Myspace

Offline roselinda

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 11:09:25 AM »
i heared on the radio yesterday that newline have said 'no' to peter, but the rights for the hobbit might be lost by new line, if that happens he'll direct it. Elijah wood said 'It's not over yet'! (in London promoting Happy Feet)

Personally i think it could suck ass in anyone elses hands but pj and weta!
Meet me... in Montauk...

Offline -Alassë-

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://wings-immortal.net
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 05:53:35 AM »
Gosh definately! New Line would be fools to do it without PJ's envolvement!
Apparently MGM's annoyed because New Line dismissed PJ from the project without consulting them first. They want PJ to direct too! :P  

Offline carol. C''~

• Advanced Members
    • MSN Messenger - omgizzcarol23@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - omgizzcarol
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - carolsbox23
    • View Profile
    • facebook and click
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »
NOT WATCHING IT

:angry:  

let's go on an adventure.

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 03:28:21 AM »
Go MGM :D  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:41:59 AM by robwootton »

Offline mata

• Dazed and Confused
  • Administrator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelylivtyler.com/
The Hobbit!
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 10:07:31 PM »
click here for a rather good summary of the situation - that should answer all questions for now.  :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:09:20 PM by mata »

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »
Well after reading that I'm slighty optimistic.But is the original Bilbo going to be there?

Offline arwen07

• Advanced Members
    • MSN Messenger - carlie_ann2007@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 05:20:41 AM »
^Do you mean Ian Holm? In The Hobbit Bilbo is so much younger than he is in The LOTR. So I would think they would try to find someone younger to play Bilbo. I don't know anything about who they will hire but I think someone else would play him.

Offline Hallaithilwen

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
The Hobbit!
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 02:52:28 PM »
Indeed. It would been weird to have Ian play Bilbo, when he is as old as he is.

Offline Tariana

• Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 191273260
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JadenFaerie
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 02:24:38 AM »
I hope it gets made. I wish Peter Jackson would direct it. Although, as long as they kee the "real" Gandalf, I'll see it anyhow.  :D
I own the one Bakshi made, ANYTHING has to be better than that rotoscoped atrocity.  :blink:  

My Video Blog

#53 Bump (Milo) Fan- Tariana
<a href="http://nimbo.net/quiz/houses.html" target="0">i'm in gryffindor!" border="0[/url] [url=http

Offline Great1man

• Well alright
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • http://g1m.livejournal.com
The Hobbit!
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 12:05:23 AM »
I know there wasn't a real chance of PJ directing The Hobbit, but whatever slim chance it was is now gone.  :( Newline has officially said that PJ will never make a movie for them again. Sad they couldn't work things out.

[size=8]LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - An escalation in the war of words between New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye and "Lord of the Rings" filmmaker Peter Jackson appears to be nixing any possible reconciliation between the two -- or any chance that Jackson will direct the trilogy's prequel, "The Hobbit."

In an interview with the Sci Fi Channel news service Sci Fi Wire, Shaye said Jackson will never make another movie for the studio and said the filmmaker just wants more money.

"I don't care about Peter Jackson anymore," Shaye said. "He wants to have another $100 million or $50 million, whatever he's suing us for. He doesn't want to sit down and talk about it. He thinks that we owe him something after we've paid him over a quarter of a billion dollars. ... Cheers, Peter."

In response, Jackson issued a statement Tuesday that did not attack Shaye but aimed at clarifying his issue with New Line. Jackson said the lawsuit stems from the studio's refusal to account for financial anomalies that surfaced from a partial audit of "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" and that is has denied his repeated requests to audit "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King."

"Fundamentally, our legal action is about holding New Line to its contractual obligations and promises," Jackson said. "It is regrettable that Bob has chosen to make it personal. I have always had the highest respect and affection for Bob and other senior management at New Line and continue to do so."[/size]

icon by liviliv

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
The Hobbit!
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 12:33:27 AM »
Aww, I still remember PJ and a lot of the Rings actors thanking Bob Shaye in their speeches for various LOTR awards, it's so sad that all this has happened now. :( Personally I side with PJ, both as an instinct and because, even though Mr. Shaye has a point about all the money he already has, ultimately PJ appears to be in the right and just wants what he spent a big chunk of his life working himself into the ground for, why shouldn't he fight for it.

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »
Do you mean Ian Holm? In The Hobbit Bilbo is so much younger than he is in The LOTR. So I would think they would try to find someone younger to play Bilbo. I don't know anything about who they will hire but I think someone else would play him.

^I think Ian Holm could still play bilbo because bilbo was 50 years old in the hobbit.
That's why gandalf said "you have not aged a day" when he turns up at bilbos door
at the begining of the film. They probably will have to hurry up though,or use some makeup.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:19:50 PM by robwootton »

Offline Hallaithilwen

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
The Hobbit!
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 04:26:45 PM »
^but still. Isnt Frodo pretty old in LOTR? but he still doenst look likr an old man like Ian Holm.
They cant have Ian Holm pley Bilbo. It would look realy weird.

Its a shame that PJ wont direct the movie

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
The Hobbit!
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2007, 04:43:38 PM »
In the book Frodo was also 50 by the time he set off. Also in the book unlike the movie there was a 15 year gap from Bilbo's Party and Gandalf's suspicion (and departure to find information on the ring)about the ring and his return to organize Frodo's departure.
The movie gave a very different impression of this and I think it was Jackson's idea to make Frodo appear around the same age as the other hobbit's.

I think im confused now , pheww. :wacko:  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:52:42 PM by robwootton »