Author Topic: Post-lotr obsessions  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Lady_Eowyn

• Advanced Members
    • MSN Messenger - lady_eowyn_of_rohan@hotmail.co
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
I was just thinking that Lotr is still my No1-fan-obsession ever. I'd expected me to get obsessed with a new subject very soon, but nothing can be compared to having read the book and then finding out it's  being filmed, and be just totally dying to see new images and discuss every detail of the movie/book. I even miss the Arwen/Eowyn debate  :(  no worse: I'm even starting to like Arwen  :P

Did you became obsessed with other movies/books/whatever?
I miss those exciting days...
You're altogether wonderful to me

Offline Levenia

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:15:57 PM »
OOh I always do! I'm always pining for 2001/2002, when FOTR had come out and it was all exciting waiting for TTT and most of the merch and stuff about the film was all out and *sigh*

Though it's nice to be able to immerse yourself in Tokien's work still, yet I miss those days ;) Can't believe it'll be 6 years ago this crimbo that FOTR came out !

Okay nostalgia over !

I'm even starting to like Arwen

Haha me too ! I remember seeing the FOTR trailer and asking a friend who'd seen it, "who's that woman?" definately not a Glorfindel !  

Offline Hallaithilwen

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:42:51 PM »
Oh, I miss those days -_-  

Offline carol. C''~

• Advanced Members
    • MSN Messenger - omgizzcarol23@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - omgizzcarol
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - carolsbox23
    • View Profile
    • facebook and click
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »
I was, and still am obsessed.

i know all the movie lines, and i mean ALL, including the elvish.

talk about obsession.

nothing has compared to it.  no other movie.  LOTR embodies the elements that every movie needs: Love, friendship, courage, action, drama, suspense, getting scared, some comedy, and just everything a movie has, it has it.  

it's unlike anything ever made.  i have watched the movies more than 300 times. and i'm not kidding.  FOTR: like 300.  TT: like 200  ROTK: like 50.

and everytime i watch it, it's like watching it fdor the first time.  everytime i watch it i get something else, i find something i couldn't before.  the same excitement comes to me.

it really is a fantastic movie like no other.  and the characters are perfect for it.  it's an incredibly amazing film.

i'll always be obsessed.  always. :D  

let's go on an adventure.

Offline sandra_d

• View Profile
    • http://www.livtyler-online.com
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »
Oh! I will always share a special fondness in my heart, both for the movies and the books. I remember when Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring was released. I became instantly obsessed with the movie (and, at the time, Elijah Wood as Frodo... I have now moved on to David Wenham as Faramir), I pre-ordered the VHS (because we didn't have a DVD player then) and watched it three times the same day I bought it. Ohh, the anxiety of having to wait for a sequel then...

Offline Tariana

• Advanced Members
    • ICQ Messenger - 191273260
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JadenFaerie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:03:24 PM »
Once I'm a fan of something, I stay a fan. I'm *Still* reading the books, it's taking me a while, as in years. Of course having work and school doesn't help. I stopped somewhere in the Two Towers.  

My Video Blog

#53 Bump (Milo) Fan- Tariana
<a href="http://nimbo.net/quiz/houses.html" target="0">i'm in gryffindor!" border="0[/url] [url=http

Offline Dolores

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:26:58 PM »
OMG!I mean I'm still reading Tolkiens books LOTR but I watched the film!And I don't know what to say:LOTR is the best film I've EVER seen,and I admire to J.R.RTolkien,because he imaginate all those people,places,animals,languages....And I REALLY love his books!  B)

When You loose something you can't replace
When You love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
4 EveR yours FReckles!

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
I'm also a LoTR fanatic and always will be. It was such a great time when the films were being released and the 12mth wait between films was almost unbearable for me. :wub:  

Offline AmyGirl

• Hell??? Deer??? Hell-Deer??? Helldir??? Haldir!!!
  • Advanced Members
  • Winter is coming ♥
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »
I'm also a LoTR fanatic and always will be. It was such a great time when the films were being released and the 12mth wait between films was almost unbearable for me. :wub:
Oh yeah...waiting for the next movie was so hard :D
And now we all have the DVD´s and can watch it whenever we want to :wub:
It´s an neverending journey... ;)  
"I wanna do bad things with you."

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

nothing has compared to it.  no other movie.  LOTR embodies the elements that every movie needs: Love, friendship, courage, action, drama, suspense, getting scared, some comedy, and just everything a movie has, it has it.  

Yes , all that plus great FX. Just to top it off. No other movies like them.

Offline Bene

• Members
    • MSN Messenger - Bene1413@hotmail.it
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Bene1413@yahoo.it
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »
Hi! I would like to tell you that also I love so much Liv, Viggo and LOTR in general...and this is what happened last day...
I was in another forum and I said that my favourit actress was Liv and Viggo (and secondly Colin Farrel) for the actor. this is what a guy said:"Oh fuck, it's a Lord of the Rings nerd. I hate those people". I answared:"Why? I cannot understand it...I Know that everyone likes different things...but I think that this hatred for me and the other fan is exaggerated and ingiustificated". He answered with " :D". I think that he is shocked... :) noone can criticed me, liv or the other fan  :angry:

Offline Arielrose

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
  • Dragonese
    • MSN Messenger - arielmusic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arielrosemusic.com
    • Email
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 01:26:33 AM »
I definitely (of course) really miss when the movies were coming out and all the excitement of seeing them with groups of rabid fans! What I miss most is having a great excuse for me and my hubby to wear the costumes that take me many months to create, we even got interviewed and featured by the biggest newpaper in our state at the last Tolkien birthday event...you can't touch this geek-ness  B)

(Us with the friendly neighborhood Nazgul guy)

Winning the costume contest *wheee*
Come hear my music:
Ariel's Myspace

Offline Samantha

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • http://samwakenz.deviantart.com/
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 02:57:38 AM »
I love those costumes Ariel.

I'm still obsessed-I hate that it's over :(

I love how our whole country got involved-and all the movies have made me more proud to be a Kiwi :blush:
...Please let me keep this memory..just this one.

Offline Rose of Rivendell

• Members
    • View Profile
Post-lotr obsessions
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:58 PM »
Wow! Wonderful costumes, Arielrose! :) I'd love to have an Arwen costume like the one you're wearing. It's so beautiful. :)

Well, I'm still really LotR obsessed, but most of my friends already have other favourite movies now.
I must admit that I've never heared anything about LotR before FotR came out. One day I saw the trailer on TV, thought "Hmm, this movie could be cool", went into the cinema to see it and became a fan at once. I immediately bought all three books and read them during the summer, so that I knew the whole story when TTT came out.
From then on I've been a real LotR fan. I watch the movies at least two times each year. And I'm trying to learn some Elvish now.
I think it's pretty sad the whole LotR hype has declined that much now...I can't imagine that I'll ever love another movie that much... ;)