Author Topic: Arwen's ancestory and story  (Read 3382 times)

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • MSN Messenger - robertwootton@live.com.au
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
Arwen's ancestory and story
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:23:57 PM »
Arwen was born in the year T.A. 241.She was the daughter of Elrond(half elven) and Celebrian,who married in the year T.A 109.She had two older siblings,Elladan and Elrohir who were twins,born in T.A. 130.
  Her father was half mortal,half elven and because of this he and his brother Elros were given the choice of immortality or to live as men by the Valar.Elrond chose an Elvish life but his brother chose mortality and became one of the Edain.Elros after making his choice set sail and founded the realm of Numenor.The Valar also granted Elros's heirs longer life.This line would eventually produce the heir Aragorn.
  Elrond's father Earendil,son of Tuor and Idril and mother,Elwing,whose grandfather was Beren,were the start of the "Half Elven". Tuor and Beren were the only Mortals beside Aragorn to marry the Elves.
  Her mother Celebrian was the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn.Galadriel was of royal elf blood of both the Noldor and the Teleri.She was also a grandchild of King Ingwe of the Vanyar.She was the youngest daughter of Finarfin(prince of the Noldor) and Earwen,who was a cousin of Luthien(fairest of all the elves)with dark hair and grey eyes,that Arwen was said to be a reappearance of.Luthien was also Elronds great grandmother.
  Celebron was a kinsman of the first age elven king Thingol and this is backed up by the fact that both of them had silver hair.A trait that is only of the royal house of the Sindrians.
  Arwen and Aragorn first met in Rivendell when Aragorn was twenty years old.(Arwen was then 2,700).Aragorn fell in love with her at first sight.Arwen had just recently returned to Rivendell after staying in Lorien.
  Thirty years later they met again in Lorien where Arwen reciprocated Aragorns love and they promised their love for each other on the mound of Cerin Amroth. They were first seen together when the Hobbits visited Rivendell and this was the first hint of their relationship.When the fellowship came to Lothlorien,Aragorn remembered their vow and and he paused in reverence on Cerin Amroth.
  After the fall of Sauron by the destruction of "the one ring" Arwen travelled to Gondor to wed Aragorn.Aragorn becoming the the king of the "realm's of the Dunadain in exile".Their marriage resulted in the Half elven lines tied.The line of the three high elvish kings were reunited and preserved.Also the line of Melian was joined.Aragorn gained an heir with his son Eldarion. They also had daughters.
  After Aragorns death Arwen lived for just a year but died of a broken heart, on Cerin Amroth. :(
  Arwen was the motivation behind Aragon to take the "difficult path",for without his kingship he could never marry Arwen.So Arwen,in a very large way is the driving force for his actions and heroism.

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »
Hah, this topic title well confused me for a few secs :lol:

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:44:31 AM »
Woops :lol: With the extra "o" it's a tongue twister.

Offline mr_dark1988

• My love is immortal
  • Advanced Members
  • The future is not where my dream is
    • MSN Messenger - mr_dark1988@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mr_dark1988
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mr_dark1988@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
I post this topic befor but I like to post it again

THE SWORD OF ARWEN. HADHAFANG SWORD.

The sword of Arwen is called Hadhafang which means Throng-cleaver. It once belonged to the Elven princess Idril, who wed a mortal man and bore Earendil, the father of Elrond who in turn was father to Arwen.

Inscribed on the blade of the sword are runes in the Elven language of Sindarin that say "aen estar Hadhafang i chathol hen, thand arod dan i thang an i arwen." This translates to "this blade is called Hadhafang, a noble defense against the enemy throng for a noble lady."

"thank u robwootton for this topic"
Shaking in red To the edge of the dream we met
I fall
I certainly can’t return anymore, even if I carve out with my sins

Offline robwootton

• Advanced Members
  • Ride the horse.
    • View Profile
    • water.org
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »
Thanks Mr dark . It's concise but I just wanted to give somebody who has seen the movies but had not read about the history a bit of an interest in it mabey. Thanks for that info too^. :)