Author Topic: Hair! Hair! Hair!  (Read 121820 times)

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:08:03 AM »
With topics opening off & on about what to do about hair cuts, coloring etc I thought it might be nice to have a topic to discuss everything about hair. I hope everyone agrees.  :blush:  
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/06b152de861b484ed1fe3bb47faa2274/tumblr_mxeri7P2ZV1rf6004o1_500.jpg[img]

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:15:18 AM »
Good idea Tiff  :)

I am having issues with my hair at the moment.  I have sooo much of it falling out.  I don't know if it's to do with nutrients, or breakage or what...  Not really sure what to do   :unsure:  

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 01:48:03 AM »
It's probably something to do with your body recovering from pregnancy B, or because you've stopped/reduced breastfeeding? Sorry, I realise that's a personal topic to touch on, but hairloss is one of the symptoms. For some women they find their hair even grows with a completely new texture after pregnancy, like it turns curly or more coarse. If you think about it, after puberty, pregnancy's about the most extreme thing your body can undergo in terms of hormones, I wouldn't be surprised if my skin turned orange or something if I ever get preggo!
But, if it's been going on since pre-Olivia, then it's likely that either you have a vitamin deficiency, or a lot of your hairs have just happened to reach their shedding stage at the same time. You say you dye it, do you do that fairly frequently? If so, it could be a side effect of that, maybe try switching to a different dye for the next couple of times you dye it, see if that makes a difference?
From what I've observed (*refers to I Stalk B book*) you eat a pretty healthy diet. I know you eat squid and stuff, but maybe try incorporating a couple of portions of proper oily fish into your diet every week for a month or so, get plenty of omega 6 & 3 oils, they work wonders for your skin and nails aswell as your hair. If you don't like oily fish or just can't be bothered, lol, there are plenty of supplements around. There's one called Perfectil that's specially formulated for skin, hair and nails, but I think your basic cod liver oil capsules would work just as well for a fraction of the cost.
Intensive conditioners won't do much to help if the weakness is at the roots, but it never does any harm to do a hot oil treatment once a week, and you could try a thickening shampoo. I'd definitely recommend using some form of leave-in conditioner or detangling spray to minimise pulling at the roots as you brush your hair after washing. I like Aussie (:D) detangling spray, it's really light but does the trick. If you have The Body Shop over there, their bilberry detangling spray smells absolutely gorgeous.
If you want to be really posh you could also try a silk or satin pillowcase, to minimise breakages as you move around in your sleep. Or a nightcap, if you want to give Francis a good laugh. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:53:45 AM by Arwen »

Offline Arielrose

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
  • Dragonese
    • MSN Messenger - arielmusic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arielrosemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arielrosemusic.com
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:24:14 AM »
^It is from the pregnancy B :) Arwen is right...and a REALLY great line you might like to try is Nioxin, I used to work in a salon for 3 years and they carried it. It always worked quite well so you may want to look into it...it helps balance hormone levels on the scalp and it's completely natural so you're not putting any wierd chems in your body. They have shampoos, conditioners and treatments...and it smells really minty and yummy  :D  
Come hear my music:
Ariel's Myspace

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:33:21 AM »
Aw, thankyou girls!  :heart1:  I might start taking my fish oil tablets again.  I thought they were making my skin oily, but I think that is just another hormone issue.  Bloody Olivia!

:lol:

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:38:46 AM »
I was using rather expensive shampoo & conditioner, and my hair was in crappy condition.  Last night & this morning I used some cheap Palmolive shampoo & conditioner and my hair is in better shape already!  lol.  I think the other products were a little bit heavy for my hair.  Hooray for less frizziness!

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 12:42:07 AM »
Ive used lots of expensive things too & my hair was in better shape when I used Head & Shoulders shampoo & conditioner & now Im using Tresemme for curls & my curls are amazing with no frizz (I dont even need too use my frizz ease serum). Its so funny how that happens lol... its great saving the money too.  
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/06b152de861b484ed1fe3bb47faa2274/tumblr_mxeri7P2ZV1rf6004o1_500.jpg[img]

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 03:26:50 AM »
For me, my hair was always at it's best when I used Kerastase Shampoo & Terax Crema conditioner...  I think the Kerastase conditioner that I was using was too much for my hair at the moment.  I'll give these palmolive products a try for a while (they smell rather yummy!) and might go back to my old products after a while.

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 12:59:47 AM »
Getting my hair cut soon... next week or the week after la, la, la...

Ive been wanting to cut a shoulder length bob for almost a year now... ever since my moms chin length bob grew out (she has recut it recently). I thought it was so adorable shoulder length on her but... for me. :lol: I actually suggested a bob for her when I really kind of wanted it but I was just to chicken to go for it. My hair has gone from waist length to mid back length to about 4 inches past my shoulder now in the past 6 months so it doesnt seem as scary & Liv is giving me some courage too. Since we have the same color & type of hair I know it will work for me. Im so happy to get out of my hair style rut lol... my hair has basically been the same style... maybe a little longer or a little shorter & once with fringe/bangs for a little more than 10 years!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:02:20 AM by Tiffany »

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »
Do you have curly hair Tiff?  :)

My hair is that length at the moment, and to be honest I can't wait for it to grow!  lol.  But that being said, I've had it like this for a few months now, and at the start I loved it!  I'm just impatient and want the length again.

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 01:48:54 AM »
My hair has kind of a wavy curly but I straighten it alot & Im lucky because my hair grows really fast. I really need a change... a whole new style because Ive cut my hair 3 times now in 6 months & I still hate it. I used to change my hair & do all sorts of crazy things... Ive been boring for to long & now Im bored with it.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:49:43 AM by Tiffany »

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 03:30:27 AM »
Ohh, you're lucky!  I thought my hair grew fast, but apparently not!  lol.

Offline HollyGolightly

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »
Tiff~ Im so jealous  :blush: I wish my hair grew fast.. :( My hair has always grown pretty slow, I dont know why. No matter what I do, it never speeds up. Maybe if I have a baby someday, that would do the trick! :lol: My hair is pretty long right now Id say about bra strap length with some long layers and choppy longer in my eyes bangs. I really want my hair to look like old Sienna Miller from the movie Alfie!! Thats my fave!!  :wub:

I also just wanted to re-mention that Im so loving my Ojon Tawaka shamp and Cond!!! Its so nice and has made my hair so soft, light, and bouncy (I have naturally straight fine hair). Just a lil tid bit!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 05:20:57 AM by HollyGolightly »
"My Favorite things!"

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 05:25:53 AM »
Just a little rant, my hair is at the most annoying length!  I just noticed it in the elevator, lol.  It's at that stage where it sits on my shoulders and kicks up in a little flicky thing at the bottom.  Annoying!  lol.  I look like a housewife from the 50's!

Offline Chinita

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hair! Hair! Hair!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 06:11:46 AM »
I've got a question and hopefully you guys will help me. I've been thinking about dying my hair in a kind of reddish tone. Here's a pic, do you think it'd look good, or should I just stick to my current jet black tone.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:12:19 AM by Chinita »