Author Topic: Inspiration  (Read 74514 times)

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:25:51 AM »
Style inspiration can come from anywhere.  From a celebrity, from a model, from a photograph we've seen, a song, a video, a poem - anywhere.  Post things that are inspiring your style...  We all have such unique vision, I think this thread will be very interesting!

:heart1:

Offline bb

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Inspiration
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 01:44:57 AM »
At the moment I'm really enjoying Alexa Chung's style. I like the way she puts together really pretty dresses and pairs them with something casual, like a pair of boots or a cardigan...I don't think i've seen her in anything I wouldn't wear myself.

Unfortunately a lot of her clothes have a high neckline which I can't get away with (far too chebby for that!) but I tailor around that.

I also really like both Sienna Miller and Keira Knightley's casual style but they're another pair with legs up to heir eyes and skinny malinky's...so I have to slightly alter my stylings.

Offline bb

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Inspiration
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:55:54 AM »
Zooey

Kai Z Feng photography; There's a quality to his work that just...it keeps me completely entranced..a lot of them are really intimate and sexy, without being seedy and invading and t's just fantastic. If I could be "shot" by anyone, it would be him.

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:00:02 AM »
Yay BB!  Thanks for posting!  :heart1:

I love this video...

Offline bb

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Inspiration
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »
It's so much fun looking at yours cause I can definitely see it in the outfits I've seen you wear; you remind me of flowers and scented candles (vanilla) and very feminine white gowns etc...looking at people's style inspo is fun, especially when you can just tell (if that makes any sense?)!

Offline Chinita

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:04 AM »
At the moment I'm really enjoying Alexa Chung's style. I like the way she puts together really pretty dresses and pairs them with something casual, like a pair of boots or a cardigan...I don't think i've seen her in anything I wouldn't wear myself.

Alexa is stunning! She's been my girlcrush for quite a while now, regarding her outfits, there are times where I like them & others when I just don't.

There's this musical I saw last year The Umbrellas of Cherbourg & just fell in love with the clothes that Catherine Deneuve wore, especially the little coats. Same thing happened with Charade, but I'm having a bit of a hard time finding pics, here are a couple, though.

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:34 AM »
It's so much fun looking at yours cause I can definitely see it in the outfits I've seen you wear; you remind me of flowers and scented candles (vanilla) and very feminine white gowns etc...looking at people's style inspo is fun, especially when you can just tell (if that makes any sense?)!
:heart1: :heart1:

Your style is very edgy & quirky in my eyes.  I love it.  Lots of little dresses, big eye makeup and it's all very fun!  

Love these flowers...

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 03:04:08 AM »
I also love this video...

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 03:11:55 AM »
:heart1:

Offline HollyGolightly

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:39:05 AM »
Zooey

Kai Z Feng photography; There's a quality to his work that just...it keeps me completely entranced..a lot of them are really intimate and sexy, without being seedy and invading and t's just fantastic. If I could be "shot" by anyone, it would be him.

Zooey was just at my church on Sunday.. thats so funny!!  :lol:

She is adorable tho!!
"My Favorite things!"

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Inspiration
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 04:57:10 PM »
I like Zooey, she's great. She inspired me to buy a trench, heh, I have never looked back :P

Oh, & B, the picture you posted from Marie Antoinette is love. I adored those scenes in the films, with the simple white dresses & the countryside & the sun ... :heart1:

Anywhoo ... onto the inspiration!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:30:18 PM by Niphredil »

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Inspiration
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 05:07:19 PM »

I know Courtney Love is about as far from a fashion role model or inspiration as anyone could be, but sometimes I think she's brilliant.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:07:55 PM by Niphredil »

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Inspiration
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

Offline Chinita

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Inspiration
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »
These pretty much sum me up.

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Inspiration
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »
^ They're gorgeous, Chinny :heart1:

Argh, I have a whole photobucket folder of fashion inspiration pictures, but I don't want to take over the whole thread. :rolleyes: