Author Topic: Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!  (Read 101257 times)

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Re: Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #525 on: February 06, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »
I'm a chronic lash-curler, so that's no problem. :) I don't feel that my eyes are too small horizontally, they're too small vertically, so liquid liner kind of makes the complex worse. -_- There's not much I can do about the vertical thing I think, except raise my eyebrows and bug my eyes out, lol.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:32:48 AM by Arwen »

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 06, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »
You can put eyeliner on just the top of your eyelid and not apply it from corner to corner just just in the middle. A make up artist did that on me in a store once and it made quite a big difference IMO. She used this and it's something I use every now and then still.

Liquid Eyeliner
Having troubles telling how I feel
But I can dance, dance, dance.

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 06, 2011, 11:33:13 AM »
Oops, I got vertical and horizontal mixed up. :lol: Corrected now. :)

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 28, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
I'm on the hunt for a cream blush right now, but having never really used it before I don't really know where to begin! I'm finding it so difficult to get my hands on a powder blush that doesn't have a horrible shimmer through it, and so I have decided cream blush is my best option as they look a bit more natural. Also, i've read that i'd need a translucent powder to set it, and as my favourite powder has been discontinued (woe! It was only a cheapy rimmel one but it was amazing and didn't look cakey or talcy on) so I suppose i'm looking for a new translucent powder too... Any recommendations, ladies? :)

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: April 29, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
^ Are you after a pink or peach toned blush?  My favourites are MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush (which I think has been discontinued but you can still pick it up in some places) which is a natural pink sort of colour, Stila Convertible Colour in Gerbera which is a gorgeous natural peachy flush sort of colour and the Becca Lip & Cheek Creme in Rosebud which is a really pretty fresh pink.  I think all three would look beautiful on you!

As for loose powder, I'm still on the hunt for the holy grail on that one!

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 30, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
Ah I knew you'd save me, B! :D I will check those out!

Also, I meant to ask, what is the consistency like of the givenchy foundation you wear? I'm torn between that and ysl ... I loved my ysl but recently i've been trying to wear less foundation and that stuff is quite heavy on my skin, I don't really need one as thick as that. I like the colour of the givenchy one but can't remember now whether it was light or heavy when I tried it. And I want a new foundation!

Offline Camille

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 30, 2011, 10:44:32 AM »
Niph, I wear the Givenchy Photo Perfexion in Perfect Vanilla and as Belowen I repurchased it several times.

In my opinion it is a rather light texture. I canīt stand the mask feeling a thicker foundation gives you at times, so for me the Givenchy one is as light as perfect. Last time I had to repurchase the lady gave me a sample of another type of the Photo Perfexion especially created for summer and - so she said - even lighter than the usual one. So maybe this could work for you, too? I havenīt tested it yet but Iīll keep you guys updated.

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 30, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »
Oh that actually sounds perfect! Thanks camille, i'll ask about it when I go to the counter. Let me know what you think of it! :)

Offline Buttercup

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
I got $10 off a makeup product so I picked a lipstick from MAC in 'see sheer' and I really like it. This is the look I'm going for.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Having troubles telling how I feel
But I can dance, dance, dance.

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #534 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
Cup, that is beautiful  :heart1:

Niph, I agree with Camille that it is quite a sheer consistency.  I hate thick mask-like makeup, so definitely wouldn't wear this if that was the case!

Offline Niphredil

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2011, 02:11:39 AM »
Hello ladies, quick question for you! I usually wear lancome definicils mascara, but have recently decided I want a fuller, less "spindly" look for my eyelashes. I noticed lancome are doing a new product called doll eyes and was just wondering if any of you guys had tried it? It looks like it might be just what i'm after but I don't know anyone who has used it, and I don't want to just go ahead and buy it if it's not going to be what I want. Ideally, i'd like to try it out for myself, but I don't even know if lancome give samples away, and i'm too frightened to ask! If anyone can enlighten me i'd appreciate it! :)

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #536 on: August 29, 2011, 01:16:20 AM »
Need some recommendations for a natural looking brow shadow for dark eyebrows.

Thanks.  :)
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/06b152de861b484ed1fe3bb47faa2274/tumblr_mxeri7P2ZV1rf6004o1_500.jpg[img]

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #537 on: November 20, 2012, 04:12:28 AM »
Wondering if anyone has an idea on what lipgloss, stain or tint I could use to get this color?
Especially how it looks in the top right photo.
Thanks.
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/06b152de861b484ed1fe3bb47faa2274/tumblr_mxeri7P2ZV1rf6004o1_500.jpg[img]

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 01, 2013, 01:17:35 AM »
-
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:42:25 PM by Arwen »

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: July 09, 2013, 01:49:03 AM »
WOW I love that! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing.  :)
Im so out of the loop. I didnt know you were engaged. Congratulations!
Your guy has long lovely hair just like mine does only my guys a blonde. This Sunday July 14th we will be celebrating 3 years together & still blissfully happy.

On the topic of makeup lol...
Loving the red lips Liv has here. Wonder what she used.

UPDATE...
Me & my guy Scott got engaged yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blush:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:48:58 PM by Tiffany »