Author Topic: Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!  (Read 101068 times)

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 05:37:19 AM »
Hmm, SO.  Still on the quest for Holy Grail foundation  :lol:  Hopefully the I00 shade of Shiseido will be the right colour, but now Miss Catehope has informed me of Georgio Armani mixing the shade for you perfectly...  I would still be a little hesitatant though...  Hmm.  Fingers crossed for this Shiseido, I'm going to order it online tonight  :party:

I also wanted to know, has anybody used the Givenchy Pop Gloss Lip Gloss before?  There is nowhere here that sells it, and I want to know what the colour Exciting Coral looks like...

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 05:56:18 AM »
I also wanted to know, has anybody used the Givenchy Pop Gloss Lip Gloss before?  There is nowhere here that sells it, and I want to know what the colour Exciting Coral looks like...
I think you bought me a Givenchy lipgloss for my birthday...but it was clear...so yeah...that's my useful information.
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.-Hafiz

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 06:16:53 AM »
I also wanted to know, has anybody used the Givenchy Pop Gloss Lip Gloss before?  There is nowhere here that sells it, and I want to know what the colour Exciting Coral looks like...
I think you bought me a Givenchy lipgloss for my birthday...but it was clear...so yeah...that's my useful information.
Useless!!!

:lol:  :P

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2008, 06:20:04 AM »
You loves me behbeh and you know it.  
Even after all this time
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,

Offline arwen-undomiel

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »
Gyys I am looking for a make up (foundation) which has a really white/ivory shade. But very very whiteish. I've had YSL Touche Eclait Nr 2 but it is too dark.  

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2008, 10:15:37 AM »
Gyys I am looking for a make up (foundation) which has a really white/ivory shade. But very very whiteish. I've had YSL Touche Eclait Nr 2 but it is too dark.
I'm going through the same problem at the moment AU  :(  I'll let you know how this Shiseido shade goes for me!

Offline arwen-undomiel

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »
Thanks. It's terrible because I am so pale right now that nothing works for me. And the winter comes so the foundation is a must have.

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 05:16:08 AM »
What are your "holy grail" items?  As in makeup items that you've used and don't feel like you ever need to try anything else because they're perfect for you...  I'm still on the search for my HG foundation, sigh...  Keeping my fingers crossed for this Shiseido foundation...

Primer:  none
Foundation:  none
Concealer:  Shiseido Concealer (#1 Light)
Highlighter:  YSL Touche Eclat
Loose Powder:  none
Eyeliner:  none
Mascara:  Givenchy Captiv'Eyes (extreme black)
Eyeshadow:  Shiseido Silky Eye Shadow (Duo S1 Taffeta Taupe)
Blush:  none
Lip Gloss:  none
Lip Balm: Smith's Rosebud Salve
Perfume:  Coco Mademoiselle, by Chanel

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 02:25:11 AM »
Shiseido I00 is a really fair shade, AU.  It's actually too fair for me, but I mix it with my moisturiser before applying it anyway...  This seems to make it the perfect shade for me  :woot:

I've also discovered that when applying concealer, using a concealer brush makes a world of difference.  I apply the little bit of concealer and dab it with the brush and it seems to melt in perfectly with my foundation.  Love!

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 03:04:15 AM »
What are your "holy grail" items?  As in makeup items that you've used and don't feel like you ever need to try anything else because they're perfect for you...
I don't really wear much makeup apart from eyeliner and concealer, so I'm quite uninteresting in that department, lol. But here's a few:

-Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer stick in Ivory

I've been using this since I was 14, my sister uses it too. Cheap and effective!

-YSL Touche Eclat

I haven't had any since my student loan days, but I love this to pieces. I use it for concealing, not highlighting.

-BeneFit Highbeam

My favourite shiny sheeny thing for the rare occasions when I go out, lol. I lost mine though.

-Lush Whipstick lipbalm

Goes off relatively quickly, unfortunately, by nature of not being stuffed full of chemical preservatives. But has been my favourite lipbalm ever since they introduced it. My lips dry out really quickly.

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 03:27:58 AM »
I think it's good to only wear a small amount of makeup though!  I find as I'm getting older I'm wearing less and less stuff...  Especially with foundation.  I dilute it so much with my moisturiser  :lol:  I think back to how much I used to wear, and cringe a bit.  My cousin at Christmas time had so much makeup on I couldn't stop staring at her face.  She had the thickest foundation in the world, with a rim around her jawline, and bright white and blue eyeshadow, about half a stick of eyeliner, a whole tube of mascara and a bucket of blush  :lol:  Bless her.

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 04:16:38 AM »
I hate wearing makeup, so I'm trying to get my skin into shape to wear tinted moisturiser...but I don't want a cheap oily one. Any suggestions?
Even after all this time
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,

Offline Arwen

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 04:23:06 AM »
I think it's good to only wear a small amount of makeup though!  I find as I'm getting older I'm wearing less and less stuff...  Especially with foundation.  I dilute it so much with my moisturiser  :lol:  I think back to how much I used to wear, and cringe a bit.  My cousin at Christmas time had so much makeup on I couldn't stop staring at her face.  She had the thickest foundation in the world, with a rim around her jawline, and bright white and blue eyeshadow, about half a stick of eyeliner, a whole tube of mascara and a bucket of blush  :lol:  Bless her.
I've started to go off my usual warpaint of panda eyes and red lips. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and feel like a clown or the Joker. But you know how when you've worn makeup a certain way for a long time, you feel naked leaving the house without it. I'm getting older now anyway so I can't pull off the adolescent goth look so well anymore, lol. I always feel daft wearing heavy makeup in hot weather too, so maybe I'll try shifting to lighter stuff once Summer approaches.

Offline Belowen

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Global Moderator
  • Advanced Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 04:24:36 AM »
I think Laura Mercier is one of the best tinted moisturisers out (Liv has used it in the past) but I'm yet to try it...  Not sure what sort of price range you're looking at, but I'm assuming that would be around the $60(ish) mark   :)

eta:  I love your panda eyes though Arwen!  :heart1:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:25:21 AM by Belowen »

Offline Cait

• Advanced Members
    • View Profile
Makeup! Makeup! Makeup!
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 04:35:29 AM »
I think Laura Mercier is one of the best tinted moisturisers out (Liv has used it in the past) but I'm yet to try it...  Not sure what sort of price range you're looking at, but I'm assuming that would be around the $60(ish) mark   :)
$60 is pretty okay. I'll have a look on strawberrynet
Even after all this time
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,